Just a year ago, in June 2017, the CDA launched the ‘DSO like’ subsidiary called The Dentists Service Company (TDSC). (Read GDN’s story on it HERE.) CDA created TDSC as a way to help its members become more efficient in business and compete in California’s dynamic market. TDSC is a subsidiary focused on leveraging the strength of CDA’s large membership to secure dental supply savings for member practices.
Now, a team of their experienced practice support analysts have come together as a new entity, Practice Support, to assist California Dental Association members with matters related to dental benefit plans, employment law and human resources, regulatory compliance and practice management. CDA Practice Support is designed to help members navigate the business side of dentistry with ease. These specialized experts provide:
- One-on-one guidance by email and phone and speak on timely topics at CDA’s biannual education convention
- A full library of online resources that they expand upon and update throughout the year. From sample policies, letters and employee manuals to a dental benefit plan handbook and guide for new dentists, members have everything they need to run their practice with ease
- A full library of resources to help members with everything from getting started in practice to creating employee manuals to marketing services.
- Important regulatory deadlines and guidance on how to comply
- Specialized insights on practice management, employment practices, dental benefit plans, and regulatory compliance
- “Ask an Expert” feature where members submit questions online and receive an answer within one business day. Members may also check the Q&A archive for previously answered questions.
The Practice Support Team:
Joining the Practice Support team as its director is Melanie Duval, who brings 10 years’ marketing experience with large and small clients, as well as experience working for a large DSO. During her time with TDSC, she oversaw practice management in the areas of HR, marketing and operations. Duval helped dozens of practices reach their individual strategic goals. Previous to that she worked at Pacific Dental Services as a regional marketing specialist. In her new role she oversees education and resource development.
Lee Bentz was a business manager at Western Dental as well as a private practice manager during his eight years in dentistry. As a part of the Practice Support team, he currently manages and updates practice management resources, authors monthly articles published in the CDA journal, delivers presentations to local dental societies and CDA conventions, and assists CDA members with the business side of dentistry.
Michelle Corbo, PHR, PHRca brings 18 years of private practice management experience and another 12 years supporting CDA members to her current role as HR practice analyst. She specializes in employment practices, including employee management, policy development and wage and hour compliance.
Cindy Hartwell has more than 20 years’ experience, including as a dental office manager and an RDA in private practice, and worked in a large dental benefit organization’s commercial and state government divisions. As CDA’s dental benefits analyst, she consults with practices on dental benefit plans, navigating the benefits system and advocating for providers.
Teresa Pichay, CHPC has worked with CDA members for more than 20 years in the areas of occupational and environmental safety and health, HIPAA, the California Dental Practice Act and other business regulations. As CDA’s regulatory compliance analyst, she also specializes in information verification, documentation strategies and legal reference referrals.
Founded in 1870 in Sacramento, CA, and now the country’s largest statewide dental association bringing together 27,000 people, the CDA continues to provide additional business support services to its members.
Source: California Dental Association
Job seekers can post CVs and DSOs can fill
clinical and management jobs on JoinDSO:
If you found this article insightful or informative,
you’ll also enjoy GDN’s free monthly enewsletter: