The Association of Dental Support Organizations will be holding its annual Summit in 2019 at the Manchester Grand Hyatt in downtown San Diego, California. It is consistently the gold standard event for the DSO industry.
The annual summit will feature presentations on trends in law and advocacy, the latest developments from leading industry partners, insight on the direction of the industry, networking events and more.
Summit attendees have the unique opportunity to hear directly from the industry’s top CEOs. Speakers from around the world will bring an unmatched level of expertise and insight, focusing on the latest industry developments and trends, growth and development for all sizes and stages of DSOs, recruitment and retention of dentists, and more.
The ADSO Summit draws C-level executives and team members from DSOs and dental group practices, as well as industry partner representatives from over 150 companies. These industry partners specialize in providing the products and services required to help DSOs and dental groups grow strategically and effectively.
The ADSO looks forward to collaborative dialogue, educational sessions, and building new relationships during the 2019 conference.
(Note: the agenda is as of 12/6/18. Not all speakers have been finalized. Stay tuned to GDN as we will keep you up to date on any changes.)
Thursday, March 28, 2019
11am – 6.30pm Registration open for all attendees
12pm – 1.30pm Pre-conference Welcome & Lunch [Invitation only]
1.30pm – 3.30pm Pre-conference Premium Talk Table Meetings [Invitation only]
3.30pm – 5.30pm General Session
- ADSO Welcome with Michael Bileca
- Leadership Panel: CEO to CEO New Horizons with Steve Bilt, CEO of Smile Brands, Ken Cooper, CEO of North American Dental Group, Mitch Olan, CEO of Dental Care Alliance & Sulman Ahmed, CEO of DECA Dental
5.30pm – 6.30pm Sponsored Talk Table Exhibit & Networking
7pm – 10pm Welcome Reception at Headquarters in San Diego’s Seaport Village
- The Seaport Village is a 14-acre waterfront shopping, dining and entertainment complex recreating a harbor side setting of a century ago, the village includes 54 one of a kind shops, 13 casual dining eateries and four fine dining waterfront restaurants.
Friday, March 29, 2019
8am – 9am Breakfast is open to all attendees
8am – 9am Gold Sponsor Breakfast [Invitation Only]
8am – 6.30pm Registration
9am – 11am General Session
- Leadership Panel: Developing a C-Suite Leadership Team with Pat Bauer, CEO of Heartland Dental, Alistair Madle, CEO of D4C Dental Brands, Bob Fontana, President & CEO of Aspen Dental Management & Steve Thorne, President & CEO of Pacific Dental Services
11am – 11.30am Coffee & Snack Break
11.30am – 12.30pm Advocacy: State & Federal Regulations – Impact on Today’s Dental Practices
11.30am – 12.30pm Compliance
- Victoria Harvey, SVP & Chief Legal Officer of Smile Brands and Andrew Matta, DMD of North American Dental Partners
11.30am – 12.30pm DSO Models: Integrating Specialties
- Merritt Dake, CEO of Rock Dental Brands
11.30am – 12.30pm Leadership: Women in the DSO Industry
- Dr Yashu Singh, Owner Dentist of Sing Orthodontics
11.30am – 12.30pm Growth & Development: A Dentists’ Story: 1 -25 Locations
- Dr AJ Acierno, President & CEO of DecisionOne Dental and Dr Jeremy Fry, CEO & CCO of Fry Orthodontics
11.30am – 12.30pm Recruitment & Retention: Today’s Dental Student – How to Recruit & Attract Today’s Dental Students
- Lisa Nguyen and Bill Piskorowski of UCLA Dentistry, Community Bases Clinical Education
12.30pm – 1.45pm Gold Sponsored Lunch [Invitation Only]
12.30pm – 1.45pm Lunch
1.45pm – 2.30pm Clinical Systems: Creating a Culture of Clinical Excellence
- Dr Shalin Patel, CCO of DECA Dental Group
1.45pm – 2.30pm Compliance: Building an Actionable & Practical Compliance Program
- Andy Lyness, General Counsel & CCO of D4C and Dr Rodney Alles, Partner & CCA of DECA Dental
1.45pm – 2.30pm Future Trends: Teledentistry
- Brant Herman, CEO of Mouthwatch and Dr Rick Workman, Founder & Executive Chairman of Heartland Dental
1.45pm – 2.30pm DSO Models: One Size Does Not Fit All
- Emmet Scott, CEO of Community Dental Partners
1.45pm – 2.30pm Growth & Development: Structuring for Growth, Scale & Sale
- Waller Law Team
1.45pm – 2.30pm Operations: Developing an Operational Infrastructure
- Dr. Scott Luene, CEO of Breakaway Practice
2.30pm – 3pm Coffee & Snack Break
3pm – 4pm Clinical Systems: Developing Doctor Protocols & Policy Manuals
- Dr Charlie Coulter of D4C and Dr Michael Acierno, President & CMO of DecisionOne Dental Partners
3pm – 4pm DSO Models: Emerging DSO Panel
- Steven Jones, Co-founder & CDO of CORDENTAL Group and Brandon Halcott, President of Tru Family Dental
3pm – 4pm Future Trends: The Future of Dentistry & its Impact on DSOs & Group Practices
- Marko Vujicic, PhD of American Dental Association’s Health Policy Institute
3pm – 4pm Marketing Panel
- Bill Neumann, CEO of Group Dentistry Now & JoinDSO, Paul Benson, Senior Consultant of Apex Revenue Technologies, Stacy Medema, Creative Manager of DecisionOne Dental and Susan Schramm, Marketing Coordinator of DecisionOne Dental
3pm – 4pm Recruitment & Retention
- John Whitaker, VP Talent Acquisition, DentalOne Partners and Kristine Berry Hodson of Executive Coaching
3pm – 4pm Technology
- Patient Prism Team
6.30pm – 7pm Transportation to Closing Reception
7pm – 10pm Closing Reception at Petco Field, home of the Padres
- Exclusive rooftop viewing party as the San Diego Padres face the San Francisco Giants!
Saturday, March 30, 2019
8.30am – 9.30am Breakfast open to all attendees
8.30am – 9.30am Gold Sponsor Breakfast [Invitation Only]
8.30am – 10.30am Sponsored Talk Table Exhibit
10.30am – 12pm Closing General Session
- Eric Wahl is an internationally recognized artist, TED speaker and bestselling author. His message: disruption is the new normal and businesses must embrace creativity in a wholesale fashion, or risk being left behind.
We look forward to seeing you in San Diego!
View some highlights from the 2018 Summit:
Looking for a Job? Looking to Fill a Job? We can help:
Subscribe for free to the leading enewsletter for DSO news: